This year the blog celebrates its third birthday. It’s hard to believe that 3 long years have already elapsed since I first thought of putting my recipe collection and pictures together. This journey has only been possible with the constant support and feedback of my fans to whom I owe much of the blog’s success.
My third year as a food blogger will, I hope, bring new avenues to explore, new cuisines to experiment with and new baking adventures to blog about. And to celebrate yet another eventful year, in spite of a heavy work schedule and limited shopping time, here’s my favourite moist chocolate cake from Hershey’s with buttercream rosettes. With the high room temperature and my limited patience, the frosting was not exactly how I had pictured it. Not a very pretty bday cake I have here but an eminently edible one for sure.
BUTTERCREAM ROSETTES ON A CHOCOLATE CATE
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup milk or yogurt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp table salt
7/8 cup all-purpose flour
3/8 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 7-inch round baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water; batter will be thin. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Happy Blog Anniversary!