I’ve been blogging for the past 365 days now. Looking back at my debut posts, I feel like I have come quite a long way with some 75 posts and hundreds of food photos. I wish to thank the food blogging community for inspiring me with their lovely creations and witty writing.
I would also like to thank my readers for their love, support and feedback. And to celebrate, I’m hosting my first giveaway. The winner, chosen at random, will receive a gift hamper filled with goodies…
- Lindt Chocolate Bars
- Vahiné Sugar Sprinkles
- Assorted Cookie Cutters
- Bourbon Premium Vanilla Beans
- Spring-release Ice Cream Scoop
- Vahiné Cerneaux de Noix de Pécan
- Illovo’s Golden Syrup
- Kanasuk’s Light Muscovado Sugar
- Assortment of Cupcake Liners
- Des Desserts au Chocolat Cookbook
1. Leave a comment at the end of this post.
2. Blog about this giveaway on your own blog space.
4. Become a Fan of InspiredtoBake on Facebook Pages.
5. Each of the above entitles you to an entry to the giveaway. Multiple entries are obviously gonna increase your chances of winning 🙂
Terms and Conditions:
1. This giveaway is open to Mauritian residents only.
2. You must provide your name, postal address, email address and contact number so that I know where to send the gift hamper.
3. You have until Monday, 28th Feb 11:59 pm EST to submit your entries.
CHARLOTTE AUX PECHES
100g all purpose flour
2 tbs corn flour
100g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1 tin canned peaches
1 cup ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with paper.
- Beat the yolks with sugar until light and fluffy and sugar has dissolved. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Sift flour over egg yolk mixture and very gently fold to amalgamate. You need to keep the mixture as light as possible and incorporate as much air as possible.
- Add egg whites in 2 batches. Fold until just combined.
- Put mixture into piping bag fitted with plain tip.
- Pipe lines onto baking paper. Dust them with icing sugar.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden in colour.
- Let them cool on the tray before removing.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes about 25 pieces.
- To assemble the charlotte, line a 8″ baking pan with aluminium foil so that it hangs by about 1″ above the rim.
- Drain canned peaches well and reserve 2 tbs syrup from can.
- Dilute syrup with 1/4 cup water and use this for soaking the savoiardi. Dip biscuits for only about a second to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Trim savoiardi biscuits at one end and use them to line the sides of the prepared pan. Arrange the trimmings so that they fit to cover the base.
- Cut half of the peaches into large cubes or slices. Soften ice cream and spread a thin layer over biscuit base. Arrange another layer of savoiardi.
- Top with fruit and spread remaining ice cream over. Leave to set until firm.
- Slice the remaining peaches thinly with a sharp knife.
- Arrange them in a beautiful pattern over the cream and return to the fridge for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- For individual servings, layer savoiardi and cream in dessert cups and top with fresh mint. The recipe for savoiardi is from CooksAlmostAnything.