Merry Christmas, folks!
85 grams unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
1 stick (115 grams) unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
1 1/3 cups (265 grams) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment, extending it up two sides, or foil.
- Butter parchment/ foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple unmelted bits remain.
- Off the heat, stir until smooth and fully melted. You can also do this in the microwave in 30-second bursts.
- Whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt. Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, spread until even. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool and cut into desired size.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with strawberries and whipped cream. Makes one 8×8 inch pan of brownies.