BLACKBERRY SWIRL POUND CAKE
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups blackberries
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan and line with parchment and butter the parchment.
- In a food processor, puree blackberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine, scraping bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 3 additions.
- Alternate the flour with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Transfer half the batter to the prepared pan.
- Dot with 1/2 cup blackberry puree. Repeat with remaining batter and puree. With a skewer, swirl batter and puree together.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours. Let cake cool in pan.
- After 30 minutes, lift the cake out of pan and place on a serving plate; let cool completely before slicing. Makes 9 servings.
Blackberry Swirl Pound Cake by Martha