Bake your favorite cookie into this dense and buttery pound cake from Baker Street for a gourmand tea time treat. You may either save the extra Oreos for decorating the cake or blitz them along with milk and vanilla ice cream in a tall blender to make thick and creamy Oreo Milkshake (recipe coming soon!)
OREO POUND CAKE
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup white caster sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kitchen salt
1/4 cup unsweetened yoghurt
1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a 6-inch cake pan with butter and flour its base and sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Coarsely chop the Oreo cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer till it turns light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and add vanilla extract along with the last egg until mixture is creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in flour and yogurt alternating them starting and ending with flour.
- In the end ensure no streaks of flour remain. Gently fold in crushed Oreo cookies with a spatula.
- Spoon it into prepared pan and level top with a spatula. Bake the cake for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Loosen cake and turn out on wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Oreos in a Cake!