If your man is more of a cookie person, do give this recipe from Jamie Oliver a shot. They are way more amazing than those “pre-made commercial, average, frankly boring cookies”. Splurge on the very best ingredients, a bit of patience and lots of love into this special V-day cookie.
DOUBLE CHOC MALT COOKIES
50 g unsalted butter
200 g quality dark chocolate
1 x 396 g tin of condensed milk
25 g ground almonds
2 heaped teaspoons Horlicks
200 g self-raising flour
100 g Malteasers
50 g quality white chocolate
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan on a low heat until smooth and combined, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the condensed milk, followed by the ground almonds and Horlicks.
- Sift in the flour and a pinch of sea salt, mix together, then chill dough in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Smash up the Maltesers and roughly chop the white chocolate, then mix it together in the cookie dough.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 170°C. Divide cookie mixture into 24 balls.
- Flatten each a little and bake for around 12 minutes, or until chewy in the middle and firm at the edges.
- Leave to sit in the tray for 5 minutes and then them transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 24.