CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY TARTLETS
For the Cocoa Pie Dough
200 g all purpose flour
40 g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pinch kitchen salt
80 g white caster sugar
150 g butter, very cold, cubed
2 tablespoons cold water
For the Chocolate Mascarpone Filling
400 g white chocolate
200 ml double cream
100 g unsalted butter
4 tablespoons mascarpone
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Start by preparing your pie crust. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl.
- Using your finger tips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it is in pea-size pieces.
- Pour in water and mix just until the dough comes together. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove crust dough from refrigerator. Roll out with rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll to a circle of about 0.5 cm thickness. Check if the dough is sticking to the surface below.
- If necessary, add a few sprinkles of flour under the dough to keep the dough from sticking.
- Carefully place onto a 8-inch fluted pie plate (or 2 smaller ones). Gently press dough down.
- Cut edges. Fit a circle of parchment paper into crust and fill with dried beans before baking.
- Place the crust dough in the freezer for 15 minutes while preheating oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely before unmolding. Meanwhile prepare filling.
- In a saucepan bring cream to the boil. Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and butter.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and stir until dissolved. Add mascarpone cheese, stir until combined.
- Spoon the filling into cocoa crust and chill until set. Decorate tart with raspberries and serve.
Recipe from La Receta de la Felicidad