Ever so slightly adapted from SheWearsManyHats, this recipe yields thick, fluffy pancakes with intense coconut flavor that can be on your brunch menu every Sunday. If you’ve had a rough week at work, this is your chance to pamper your senses and be your crazy self. If you are not a coconut fan, you can have your pick from anything ranging from blueberries, cranberries, chocolate chips, almond flakes or even pandan paste, a new flavor every Sunday!
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kitchen salt
¼ cup shredded coconut
1 medium sized egg, beaten
1¼ cup full cream milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Lightly mix all dry ingredients together. Add all wet ingredients to the beaten egg and combine well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until incorporated. Do not over mix the pancake batter.
- In a hot skillet or griddle, add a pat of butter if needed to coat it. Drop rounds of batter with a ladle.
- Cook the pancake on one side until bubbles begin to pop in center of pancake for about 2 minutes.
- Flip pancake and cook it for an additional minute until golden brown. Adjust cook time accordingly.
- Serve hot topped with extra coconut and maple syrup or whipped cream. Makes about 8 pancakes.
Sunday Brunch Pancakes