This simple moist butter cake is flavored with lemon zest, lemon curd and lemon extract for some extra zing. A lovely cake from Baking Joy, it brings sunshine into my kitchen with its gorgeous golden crumb and the smell of fresh citrus peel. I have not been devoting much time for baking lately so I have quite a bit of catching up to do with all the recipes I have bookmarked in my recipe books or saved under ‘My Favorites’ tab since the start of this year. I hope to be able to reschedule my baking timetable as I settle down in Gynae & Obs so that I have more baking experiments and posts to share with you on a regular basis.
LEMON CURD YOGURT CAKE
175 g soft unsalted butter
175 g golden caster sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tablespoons lemon curd
Zest of 1 medium lemon
100ml plain yoghurt
1 teaspoon lemon extract
200 g all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170o C. Line a 9-inch loaf tin with baking paper or butter and lightly flour pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy with a mixer. Mix in 1 tablespoon flour.
- Add eggs, yogurt, lemon curd, zest and lemon extract and mix well. Sift flour and baking powder.
- Take care not to over mix the batter. Spoon batter into prepared tin and bake for around 1 hour.
- Cake is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave cake to cool in pan.
… Make Lemon Curd Yogurt Cake!