Been a while since I last bit into a nice and moist banana muffin. I have long given up on store bought and even bakery ones because they simply do not know how to make ‘a nice and moist banana muffin’. So my advice to you is to make them yourselves and please do teach others how to make them too. After all everyone needs to know how to bake a banana muffin; it is an essential cooking skill even for those who have never baked before. The recipe, adapted from BBC GoodFood, takes no more than half an hour to mix but gives the unparalleled satisfaction of 100% homemade.
BANANA PECAN MUFFINS
85g butter, melted
250g all purpose flour
25g quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 egg, room temperature
100g light muscovado sugar
175ml full cream milk
2 teaspoons white vinegar
50g pecan nuts, chopped
100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 200 oC. Butter and flour an eight-hole muffin pan or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, melted butter, sugar. Stir in banana, milk and vinegar.
- Fold into the flour mixture until just combined and add chopped pecans and chocolate.
- Do not over mix. Spoon into muffin pan up to 2/3 full, sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 8 regular muffins.
Homemade with love