In case you guys are not aware, there’s a relatively new shop in Garden Village, Curepipe you can get your baking supplies from. La Boutique Gourmande, open since January 2016, stocks everything for experimental and experienced bakers alike. They have very cute cupcake paper liners and I could not help getting a sample of every colour and size for my future cupcake projects. To get started, I made my favourite butter cake into a batch of cupcakes dotted with bits of glace cherries and marzipan cubes, with a generous handful of almond flakes scattered over the top. I have a feeling that you’ll be seeing many more cupcake recipes on this blog till I run out of these gorgeous muffin cups.
CHERRY & MARZIPAN CUPCAKES
200 g butter, softened
200 g cater sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
200 g self raising sugar
200 g glace cherries, chopped
100 g ground almond
2-3 drops almond extract
250 g marzipan, chopped
50 g almonds flakes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly butter and flour a 12-hole muffin tin or line tin with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Pour in the eggs a little at a time and beat well.
- Mix in flour one third at a time. Fold in cherries, flour, almond extract and marzipan till evenly mixed.
- Fill the muffin tin with mixture and scatter the almonds flakes on top. Bake them for about 35 minutes.
- A skewer inserted in the centre of the cakes should come out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Before serving, dust cakes generously with icing sugar.
Recipe from My Kitchen Treasures