After driving a Honda hatchback for years, it was instinctive to opt for the same make when I had to choose the new family car. My new Honda Jazz, freshly delivered from E.A.L Man Hin, has everything we have been used to in my first Honda so it was not difficult to get used to. The titanium colour though less fiery than the red one, gives a glossy finish while the newly designed bodywork has a more aggressive look with “a bold front grille, sculpted bumpers, and strong, sweeping lines”. The spacious interior offers comfort and enough room to carry whatever I need securely.
To welcome my new car home, I chose to bake a small celebration cake with these new caramel fudge chips from the Vahiné baking range. This Moelleux au Caramel taken from their website uses a good measure of caramel spread of the same brand along with the pépites for a really intense flavour. The addition of heavy cream to the cake batter gives it the characteristic moelleux texture so do not skimp on this essential ingredient.
MOELLEUX AU CARAMEL
3 eggs, room temperature
100g caster sugar
125ml heavy cream
180g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g caramel spread
100g butter, salted
100g Fudge Caramel chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Beat sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add heavy cream and whip for another minute. Combine flour and baking powder.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture, followed by melted butter and caramel spread.
- Fold in the caramel chips and transfer batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and bake for 30 to 35 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out on a rack to cool completely. Serves 8.
Welcoming the new Jazz