HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN & CASHEW STIR FRY
1/4 cup pure honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon sriracha, to taste
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 1/4 teaspoon kitchen salt
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons corn starch/ corn flour
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- Stir the honey, fresh lemon juice, cider vinegar, sriracha sauce and kitchen salt in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Swirl around the bottom of the wok. Add the chicken in a single layer, and let cook undisturbed.
- Cook until browned on the bottom for 2 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue cooking.
- Stir chicken once or twice, until no longer pink on the outside. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet or wok with a spatula and set this aside on a plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet or wok and return to high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and stir fry.
- Cook until fragrant but not browned about 30 seconds. Add bean sprouts and stir to coat it well.
- Stir in the honey sriracha sauce. Cover cook till the sprouts are slightly wilted for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the chicken broth and cornstarch together in a small dish and stir it into the chicken mixture.
- Bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Add the chicken and cook till the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped cilantro and cashews. Serve warm with baguette or white rice.
Recipe from Healthy Seasonal Recipes.com