Make these visually stunning verrines to welcome summer by assembling digestive biscuit crumbs, tangy cheese cream filling and slices of fresh or canned pineapple together. This fruity dessert, from My Baking Addiction, is ridiculously easy and wastes no time in the oven waiting for the surface layer to set, unlike its baked counterpart [see my Strawberry Cheesecake recipe here]. With no uncooked eggs to worry about, this no-bake version simply has to be popped in the refrigerator till you are ready to serve dessert at any summer-themed party you are planning to host this year.
NO-BAKE PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE
For the Cheesecake Base
1 cup digestive biscuit crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For The Pineapple Filling
225g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
225g pineapple chunks, drained
Extra pineapple slices, to garnish
Maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Combine together the digestive biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and sugar. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed.
- Beat until it is smooth and creamy, then fold in yogurt, pineapple, and vanilla and mix well.
- Divide crust mixture among individual serving glasses, pressing into the base of each glass.
- Repeat with the cream cheese mixture. Cover it and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to chill.
- Garnish with extra pineapple with a maraschino cherry in the centre of each pineapple ring.